Board of Health
The commissioners are developing a Community Health Advisory Committee that will assist them in their role as the Local Board of Health. They will assist in the development of policies, plans, strategic planning, and community health assessment. They will also assist in educating, informing, and empowering the residents regarding health issues. The Board is made up of the following categories of members:
- A member of the governing body or administration
- Two representatives from the local hospital or health care system
- A representative from mental health workers
- A representative from local faith-based institutions
- A school representative
- A representative of charitable, housing or service organizations servicing the needs of senior citizens
- A representative experienced in environmental science
- A resident
- Two alternates can qualify for any of the above categories.
Representatives shall serve for a term of three years. It is anticipated that there will be four to six meetings a year.
If you are interested in being a part of this new committee complete the form on our website under Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
- Colleen Bianco Bezich - Commissioner of Public Safety
- Kevin Roche - Commissioner of Revenue and Finance
- Frank Troy - Commissioner of Public Works and Property
- The Board of Health will meet the 4th Monday of March, June, September and December each year.